Savory food, thoughts and photos.

A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc

24 April, 2007

Do You Famima!! ?

Think of Famima!! as a cleaner, hipper 7-Eleven or am/pm. They've sprouted all over L.A. in the last six months, and I figured that if Pulitzer winner Jonathan Gold is crazy about it, Famima!! can't be that bad.

A new one just opened in my neighborhood, so I went to check it out. The place is well lighted, sleek and very very clean. More than I can say for your average mini mart which always makes me want a good scrub after I visit.

Lots of exotic asian drinks and snacks, and fresh-looking sandwiches, salads and desserts. I just had dinner and wasn't in the mood to try any of them, although I did buy the packaged tiramisu. It wasn't the greatest, but for $1.99 wasn't inedible, either.

Now if only my gas station would have a Famima!!. Oh, and they should lose the exclamation points. It's starting to get annoying.

Tags: , ,

posted at 4:58 PM by City Muse

|

About

I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.

You can also find me @Twitter .

Recent Posts

  • The Perils of Penitence
  • Semana Santa
  • Frenchy's Bistro
  • Love and Respect
  • The Science of Love
  • The Lady in Gold
  • Too Much Of A Good Thing
  • Inner Vicious
  • More Belmont Pier
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • BLOG ARCHIVES




    Blogroll

    CITY
    LAist
    LA Observed
    Metroblogging L.A.

    FOOD
    Eater L.A.
    Slashfood
    Simply Recipes

    THOUGHTS
    Feministing
    Freakonomics
    The Dilbert Blog

    MISC
    Jason Calacanis

    Photo Gallery


    Recent Comments








    frontpage hit counter
    hits since 11-30-05
    All images ©2005 city muse.