Savory food, thoughts and photos.

A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc

18 May, 2007

From The Mouth of Babes

Question: What happens to people when they get old?

Answers:

They have gray hair and wrinkles and they die.

You go in a wheelchair. Your body is a little twisty.

First they start smooth and when they are going to die they get pruney. They are old.


Ouch. Leave it to kids to blurt out the painful truth.

My favorite is this one from Zoey:

Heaven is a place where all animals go. People's heaven is under ground.

Is she a budding agnostic/atheist? Does she feel people are not good enough to go to animal heaven? Is heaven "under ground" her code for hell?

Not sure what to make of it but sharp kid, that Zoey.

The whole thing got me thinking about aging. I'm far from turning into a prune but heck, my godson just got married. Granted, I was barely a teen when he was baptized but it makes me feel ancient.

The other thing I don't like about the aging business is what comes after. Ya know, the dying part. Then again, that part can come anytime. Put that way, I guess getting older is a privilege many don't get to experience, incontinence and all. Life is too short as it is.

(via Digg)

Label(s): Thoughts
Tags: , ,

posted at 11:34 PM by City Muse

|

About

I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.

You can also find me @Twitter .

Recent Posts

  • Westside Time
  • Simply Surreal
  • Ungodly Brew
  • Spidey (Non)Sense
  • Behind the Scenes
  • The Mighty Banh Mi
  • Ghostbusted
  • To Mom
  • Gifts Galore
  • Grindhouse
  • BLOG ARCHIVES




    Blogroll

    CITY
    LAist
    LA Observed
    Metroblogging L.A.

    FOOD
    Eater L.A.
    Slashfood
    Simply Recipes

    THOUGHTS
    Feministing
    Freakonomics
    The Dilbert Blog

    MISC
    Jason Calacanis

    Photo Gallery


    Recent Comments








    frontpage hit counter
    hits since 11-30-05
    All images ©2005 city muse.