Savory food, thoughts and photos.

A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc

10 May, 2007

Gifts Galore

Birthday Loot

My birthday loot:

1. Jewelry. D. got me this double helix-like diamond and white gold earrings and necklace set. Don't they look cool? Actually, I already have the earrings (eerie how our tastes are so similar) so we'll have to go back to the jewelry store to get me a different pair.

2. Makeup set and tote. More stuff to make me pretty. Another gift from D.

3. Nordstrom gift certificate from our friend K.M. No self-respecting woman would frown about that.

4. Books, some of which I wrote about here: Snow Crash, No One Cares What You Had For Lunch, Secrets of Online Persuasion and HTML With CSS and XHTML from D; Best Food Writing 2006 and Autobiography of a Fat Bride from K.G.; and Caesar from J. As you can tell from the titles, I'm a geeky foodie.

5. Sapphire and Steel complete DVD set. Another gift from D. This is a British tv serial with Joanna Lumley and David McCallum that originally aired in the early 80s. It's a cross between Dr. Who and The X Files. Great writing, great acting. Can't wait to share it with D. who's never seen it. Here's a Youtube clip of the show.

Aside from the gifts, I also got treated to a couple of fancy dinners, a play, a movie and a trip to the Huntington Library. And maybe a weekend getaway once D. gets his new car.

What can I say. I'm a spoiled girl.

Label(s): Life

posted at 6:19 PM by City Muse

|

About

I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.

You can also find me @Twitter .

Recent Posts

  • Grindhouse
  • Hello, Pinkberry
  • Reading Stack
  • The Case of the $65 Million Pants
  • Linguine Alla Vongole
  • Picking Up The Pieces
  • Twittertastic
  • Hooked on Fado
  • Do You Famima!! ?
  • The Perils of Penitence
  • BLOG ARCHIVES




    Blogroll

    CITY
    LAist
    LA Observed
    Metroblogging L.A.

    FOOD
    Eater L.A.
    Slashfood
    Simply Recipes

    THOUGHTS
    Feministing
    Freakonomics
    The Dilbert Blog

    MISC
    Jason Calacanis

    Photo Gallery


    Recent Comments








    frontpage hit counter
    hits since 11-30-05
    All images ©2005 city muse.