Savory food, thoughts and photos.
|A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc|
10 May, 2007
My birthday loot:
1. Jewelry. D. got me this double helix-like diamond and white gold earrings and necklace set. Don't they look cool? Actually, I already have the earrings (eerie how our tastes are so similar) so we'll have to go back to the jewelry store to get me a different pair.
2. Makeup set and tote. More stuff to make me pretty. Another gift from D.
3. Nordstrom gift certificate from our friend K.M. No self-respecting woman would frown about that.
4. Books, some of which I wrote about here: Snow Crash, No One Cares What You Had For Lunch, Secrets of Online Persuasion and HTML With CSS and XHTML from D; Best Food Writing 2006 and Autobiography of a Fat Bride from K.G.; and Caesar from J. As you can tell from the titles, I'm a geeky foodie.
5. Sapphire and Steel complete DVD set. Another gift from D. This is a British tv serial with Joanna Lumley and David McCallum that originally aired in the early 80s. It's a cross between Dr. Who and The X Files. Great writing, great acting. Can't wait to share it with D. who's never seen it. Here's a Youtube clip of the show.
Aside from the gifts, I also got treated to a couple of fancy dinners, a play, a movie and a trip to the Huntington Library. And maybe a weekend getaway once D. gets his new car.
What can I say. I'm a spoiled girl.
Links to this post:
I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.
You can also find me @Twitter .
The Dilbert Blog