Savory food, thoughts and photos.

A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc

31 January, 2007

Superpowers... Sort Of

I read with amusement this post from Dilbert creator Scott Adams. Never thought of them that way, but I guess I've got some mild superpowers of my own to boast of:

I have a head for numbers. I can easily multiply up to 2x2 digits in my head, and add/subtract even more; division is slower but still doable . This comes especially handy when eating out, because I can add up the total bill for the whole table including tax and tip, to the nearest dollar.

I have a head for names. Once in an industry convention, I was introduced to 15 people all at once; when my colleagues showed up, I in turn introduced each one of those new people to them by name. I once mapped out the genealogical chart of the gods and goddesses of Greek mythology for a high school class report without any notes.

I can knot a cherry stem in my mouth a la Sherilyn Fenn in Twin Peaks. Unfortunately, this superpower doesn't get me looking like Sherilyn Fenn.

What are your superpowers?


posted at 10:20 PM by City Muse

|

About

I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.

You can also find me @Twitter .

Recent Posts

  • Gladioli
  • Beef Stew
  • Pan's Labyrinth
  • Rome
  • Belmont Pier Up Close
  • Belmont Pier
  • Bravo Pizzeria
  • Sexie Eddie
  • The Gehry House
  • Black Friday
  • BLOG ARCHIVES




    Blogroll

    CITY
    LAist
    LA Observed
    Metroblogging L.A.

    FOOD
    Eater L.A.
    Slashfood
    Simply Recipes

    THOUGHTS
    Feministing
    Freakonomics
    The Dilbert Blog

    MISC
    Jason Calacanis

    Photo Gallery


    Recent Comments








    frontpage hit counter
    hits since 11-30-05
    All images ©2005 city muse.