Savory food, thoughts and photos.

A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc

26 June, 2006

Uncommon Courtesy

I was driving south on Pacific Coast Highway, slowing down to a stop light. Suddenly, an SUV on my right swerved into my lane.

I instinctively swerved to my left. Fortunately, there weren't other vehicles next to me. The driver, a middle-aged woman with graying hair, also swerved back to her lane to avoid hitting my car. It was close, but I didn't get hit.

I stared at the driver over my sunglasses. Not a glare, mind you, but more of an I-can't-believe-you-did-that kind of look.

We had eye contact; she looked at me sheepishly. I figured she knew her booboo, so I turned my attention back to the road and moved on when the light turned green.

Not halfway through the next block, she drove next to me, made two short honks and motioned me to roll down my window.

Uh oh, now what? I braced for nasty, but not for what came next.

The lady smiled the sweetest smile. "Excuse me," she said.

"Uhm, Okay," I said lamely, still stunned as she drove on.

And it happened right here. In L.A. During rush hour. On a searing, smoggy afternoon.

Imagine that.


posted at 12:01 PM by City Muse

|

About

I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.

You can also find me @Twitter .

Recent Posts

  • Holé Molé
  • Wasteland
  • Shoreline Village Up Close
  • Shoreline Village
  • Worthy Causes
  • Summer Salad
  • Schadenfreude
  • An Inconvenient Truth
  • Lighthouse on Queensway Bay
  • California Palm
  • BLOG ARCHIVES




    Blogroll

    CITY
    LAist
    LA Observed
    Metroblogging L.A.

    FOOD
    Eater L.A.
    Slashfood
    Simply Recipes

    THOUGHTS
    Feministing
    Freakonomics
    The Dilbert Blog

    MISC
    Jason Calacanis

    Photo Gallery


    Recent Comments








    frontpage hit counter
    hits since 11-30-05
    All images ©2005 city muse.