Savory food, thoughts and photos.

A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc

22 June, 2006

Wasteland

TV sucks. There's absolutely nothing to watch. Except for PBS, C-Span and HBO, I could dump my tv in the alley and not even miss it.

The West Wing wrapped up. Desperate Housewives is choking in its hype. Lost lost me long ago. Rome isn't here yet.

Other than that, what do we have but a glut of Law and Orders and CSIs?

Ugh.

Well, except for the new Battlestar Galactica. I was never heavily into sci-fi except for Space 1999 and a British series called Sapphire and Steel, but D. and our friends convinced me to check it out. Am I glad I did; it's unquestionably the best thing on TV, bar none.

D. bought the series' first and second season DVDs. I couldn't get enough. The writing, performances and production values are all top notch. I'm so addicted to this show I've started reading fan message boards.

Fan. message. boards.

Yikes. I need help.


posted at 12:20 PM by City Muse

|

About

I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.

You can also find me @Twitter .

Recent Posts

  • Shoreline Village Up Close
  • Shoreline Village
  • Worthy Causes
  • Summer Salad
  • Schadenfreude
  • An Inconvenient Truth
  • Lighthouse on Queensway Bay
  • California Palm
  • Cool Web Finds
  • Forever Tango
  • BLOG ARCHIVES




    Blogroll

    CITY
    LAist
    LA Observed
    Metroblogging L.A.

    FOOD
    Eater L.A.
    Slashfood
    Simply Recipes

    THOUGHTS
    Feministing
    Freakonomics
    The Dilbert Blog

    MISC
    Jason Calacanis

    Photo Gallery


    Recent Comments








    frontpage hit counter
    hits since 11-30-05
    All images ©2005 city muse.