Savory food, thoughts and photos.
|A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc|
18 December, 2007
• Give Love on Christmas (and Any) Day. Because you can only buy so many ties and fruit cake, The Nation's Katha Pollitt puts up a list of worthy charities that will put your holiday dollars to good use.
• Holiday Cheer, 24/7. Looking for holiday songs round the clock? Merrypages.com has links to holidays tunes from all around the world.
• The Mother of All Desserts. If you're looking for a showstopper of a dessert that'll make your holiday table the talk amongst your foodaholic friends, Daniel Bouloud's spectacular apple and Armagnac croustade is it.
• No Guitar Hero III For You! Kids, if you don't want your Dad selling your $90 Guitar Hero III on E-bay for $9,000, don't smoke pot or at least, don't get caught smoking pot.
• Festivus for the rest of us. A Green Bay, Wisconsin native requested equal display time for an undecorated six-foot pole in honor of Festivus. The mayor nixes it on the grounds that it's pop culture, not a religion. Perhaps a teapot would be more acceptable to the mayor?
• Who let the dogs out? Lastly, if you want peace and happiness to reign this holiday season, please don't invite your pets along unless your host gives a thumbs up.
Links to this post:
I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.
You can also find me @Twitter .
The Dilbert Blog