Savory food, thoughts and photos.

A&E | Books | Fashion | Food | Life | Metro | Photos | Thoughts | Misc

30 December, 2007

Thanks, Santa Baby!

My Christmas present from D. When I muttered about buying a new laptop PC a few months ago, he argued against it too quickly and loudly. I should've known: he wanted me assimilated!

Gotta admit it's a gorgeous machine. I must've been an awfully good girl this year. Thanks, Santa Baby. Muahh!

The rest of my holiday loot:

Bouchon by Thomas Keller from J. I wanted The Complete French Laundry (also by Keller) but glad he got me this instead; its simple yet classic recipes are easier for amateur cooks like me.

An acrylic cookbook holder from K.T. I suspected her and J. of colluding on the above gifts, but they swear they didn't. Then again, it's no secret I love to cook. K. also gave me delicious soaps from Lush and pretty dangling costume earrings.

Wedge Light from L. I was actually thinking of buying this at Barnes and Noble. Best. booklight. ever.

I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert from D. I can't believe he bought me another gift after getting me the MacBook. Pshaw, just a stocking stuffer, he said. I'm kinda glad he did, actually. Hilarious read. Funny thing: K. got him the same book.

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Husseini and the movie Waitress by (the late) writer/director Adrienne Shelley. Heard very good things about both. Those and a pretty scarf from N.G.

Label(s): Life
Technorati Tags:

posted at 11:01 PM by City Muse

|

About

I'm a curious dilettante
from Los Angeles, California.

You can also find me @Twitter .

Recent Posts

  • Roast Rack of Lamb with Red Wine Sauce
  • More Holiday Links
  • Happy Christmas
  • Office Holiday Party
  • Snickerdoodles
  • Scary Santa
  • Bizarre Holiday Links
  • Twelve Days of Christmas The Medley
  • Coconut Flan
  • Holiday Wish List
  • BLOG ARCHIVES




    Blogroll

    CITY
    LAist
    LA Observed
    Metroblogging L.A.

    FOOD
    Eater L.A.
    Slashfood
    Simply Recipes

    THOUGHTS
    Feministing
    Freakonomics
    The Dilbert Blog

    MISC
    Jason Calacanis

    Photo Gallery


    Recent Comments








    frontpage hit counter
    hits since 11-30-05
    All images ©2005 city muse.